Tuesday 12 November 2019

The Family Demon - Ebook now on sale!



The Family Demon e-book is now on sale.


Here's a small sample:


“Fred, I’m sorry to hear about her loss,” I interjected, “And I’m even sorrier to hear how badly it’s affected her. But not only is there no case here requiring my so-called special talent, there’s no case here at all. Death by natural causes followed by hysterical depression on the part of a thirty-two-year-old woman who thought she’d been rescued from the shelf only to have happiness snatched away. Tragic but nothing requiring investigation. I’ll lay odds the police closed the case the instant they received the autopsy report.”
“They did,” Fred confirmed.
“So? What makes you think there’s anything I can usefully contribute?”
“Perhaps the fact,” he said slowly, “that this is the seventh time something like this has happened.”
“I suspect it’s more common than that,” I replied. “I don’t know whether anyone keeps statistics on honeymoon fatalities but you do read about them from time to time in the tabloids. Human interest stories, you know. Bridegroom dies in earthquake; new bride eaten by shark, that kind of thing. Heart attacks on the wedding night can’t be that rare.”
“No, you misunderstand me,” Fred was speaking even more slowly as though explaining to a child. “This is the seventh time something like this has happened to Sarah.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to comment on this post?