Thursday 30 September 2021

Planting and Preparation Prevents Perverse Parsley Paucity

I read that posh people cannot find parsley or peppers in the shops. It took me a little while to figure out why they were going to the shops for things like these. 

To get peppers, I have to go to our conservatory (I know, delusions of grandeur or what?) where I have three pepper plants currently fruiting away merrily in pots. To get parsley I have to go as far as the cold frame in my garden, where I have far more than we can eat growing in a 12-inch by 18- inch box.

A little forethought, some compost and a packet of seeds, folks. I mean, if I can do it at 600 feet above sea level in cold, wet Scotland, anybody can.

Instead, the MSM will probably start another panic, just as they did with petrol. It’s becoming a little annoying how easily the Great British Public can be stampeded these days. Whatever happened to the stiff upper lip?

If you wanted to set yourself up as a prophet today, you’d have no need to do a complete Mother Shipton. Just start a scare story that there’s going to be a shortage of mince pies at Christmas and watch the self-fulfilling prediction unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to comment on this post?